The National Capital Area Garden Clubs (NCAGC) serves the greater Washington DC area with 2360 members, 71 garden clubs organized among four Districts.
NCAGC is also a member of National Garden Clubs, Inc. and more specifically, the Central Atlantic Region. As such we have the opportunity to participate in various local, regional and national programs.
The mission of National Capital Area Garden Clubs, Inc., is to (1) coordinate the interests and activities of garden clubs, plant, horticulture and specialty societies within the Metropolitan Area of the District of Columbia, in accordance with the Certificate of Incorporation in 1958 and (2) to provide education, resources, and networking opportunities for its members to promote the love of gardening, floral design, and civic and environmental responsibility in accordance with the Mission Statement of the National Garden Clubs, Inc.
NCAGC Board Members
The NCAGC has many fabulous members who take on special leadership roles!
Elected Board Members
Appointed Board Members:
Chairmen Reporting to Board Members:
- Jane Bauer, Recording Secretary ]
- Jane Oliver Smith, US Botanic Garden and Butterfly Gardens
- Ellen Spencer, Friendship Garden
- Audrie Whitney, Fern Valley
- Paula Knepper, Rain Gardens
- Jo Sellers, Youth Activities
- Margeretta Danshaw and Susan Pflaeger, Speakers Bureau
- Ann Gardenhour, Brenda Holt and Jeannette Filderman, Programs
- Alice Ess, Hospitality